Essential Elements of the Society of Saint Vincent de Paul
To bear witness to Christ and to His Church by showing that the faith of Christians inspires them to work for the good of humanity.
· Showing Christ’s face to the needy
· Seeing Christ’s face in the needy
· Evangelization by example
· Praying with those in need
· Prayer, meditation, discussion of ministry
To bring together men and women of good will and to assist them by mutual example and true friendship in drawing nearer to the divine model by fulfilling his essential precept, namely, the love of God in the person of others.
· Person to person relationship to those in need
· Home visitation to maintain the dignity of the needy
· Working together on special projects
· Collaboration with other conferences
· Praying together at retreats and festival meetings
To establish a personal contact between its members and those who suffer, to bring to the latter the most efficacious and charitable aid possible, and to promote self-sufficiency.
· Material assistance (food, clothing, furniture)
· Financial assistance (rent, utilities, travel)
· 100% volunteers
· Special works (stores, pantries, housing)